Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Engage vs. Enrage


After playing with font, color and layout to create my Wordle, I asked myself the BIG question, Why wordle? Is it the right tool for my students? and the answer is YES!!! It is a great visual representation of themes, key words, synonyms/antonyms, description of characters, setting, etc. It will be very useful to develop my ESOL students' social language and academic vocabulary.
Wordle Ideas has more and advanced ideas on how to use it in and outside our classrooms. We could also add pictures! I will try this later though. I do not have those advanced skills yet.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! It came out great! Thanks for the link. It has wonderful ideas. There is so much to explore that I wish I had more time to sit and play with the technology tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Thank-you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete